Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of insurance customers in Colorado have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many drivers in the United States could save as much as $859 every year just by shopping around, but they won’t spend time to compare other rate quotes.
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper prices for Buick Verano insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers in Colorado Springs.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Colorado Springs. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare as many different companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize car insurance companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide details such as whether you drive to work or school, if you have an active license, whether or not you need a SR-22, and if the car is leased. Your rating data gets transmitted to multiple car insurance providers and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Buick Verano now, click here and complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Buick, almost every bank will require that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Buick at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your Buick Verano and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $869 every year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Lower insurance rates with continuous coverage – Letting your insurance expire is a guaranteed way to increase your insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may earn you fines or a revoked license. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
- Good credit scores equal low rates – Having a good credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Buick Verano by improving your credit score. People that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit.
- Low comp and collision deductibles cost more – The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more expense you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Most larger companies will award discounts to policyholders that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Single drivers take more risk – Getting married can get you a discount on your policy. It generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Guys pay more for insurance – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Do thieves like your car? – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Buick Verano claim data – Companies factor in insurance loss information to help calculate premium prices. Models that historically have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below outlines the loss history for Buick Verano vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Buick Verano Vehicles Specific Buick Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Verano 92 96 85 109 127 126BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may qualify for discounts for Buick Verano insurance in Colorado Springs
Companies do not advertise every possible discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Verano can save you some money since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers can get lower premium rates.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a course in defensive driver can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Travelers has discounts for payment discounts, save driver, good student, continuous insurance, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, and multi-car.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, air bags, teen driver, theft prevention, and student driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, driver’s education, accident-free, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, good student, federal employee, multi-policy, air bags, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-lock brakes, multi-car, accident prevention training, anti-theft, safe driver, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, and multi-car.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies how you can save money. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Colorado Springs. For a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado Springs, click this link.
Compare prices but work with a local Colorado Springs insurance agent
A lot of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Colorado Springs.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Car insurance agents in Colorado Springs come in two varieties
When researching local Colorado Springs agents, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Colorado Springs agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can possibly get you price quote information.
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Colorado Springs should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How are they compensated?
Upon getting good answers for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to provide car insurance coverage.
Be persistent and save
As you shop your coverage around, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price.
We just presented a lot of tips how to compare Buick Verano insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)