If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable Buick Rendezvous insurance is to compare prices annually from different companies in Colorado Springs. You can compare rates by following these steps.
First, get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Rendezvous coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Remarkably, a study showed that almost 70% of insureds in Colorado renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can cut their rates by roughly $860 a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it's a waste of time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Getting a cheaper price on Buick Rendezvous insurance is not a difficult process. The only thing you need to do is take the time comparing price quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Colorado, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Why you need insurance for your Rendezvous
Despite the potentially high cost of Buick Rendezvous insurance, car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Buick at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $800 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Save Money with These Tips
It's important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The list below includes some of the factors companies use to determine rates.
Having a spouse brings a discount - Having a spouse helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other translates into being less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Gender matters - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn't prove that females are better drivers. Women and men get in fender benders in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
No auto insurance claims equals better prices - Car insurance companies in Colorado give most affordable rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Vehicles with better crash test results means cheaper prices - Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
Buy as much liability insurance as you can afford - The liability section of your policy kicks in in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Good drivers pay the best rates - Having a clean driving record has a big impact on rates. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Careful drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. People who have license-revoking citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to file a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
More people means more accidents - Living in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated Colorado areas have to deal with congested traffic and longer commute times. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
Cut your insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before being credited.
- Colorado Springs Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Colorado Springs can earn you a little savings since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member can result in better prices.
- E-sign - Some of the larger companies will give a small break just for signing your application on your computer.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To locate insurers with significant discounts in Colorado, click here.
It's not one size fits all
When choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Colorado Springs?
- What is glass protection for?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Colorado?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- What are the best liability limits?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Comparing prices from local Colorado Springs insurance agencies
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from small agencies is especially important in Colorado Springs.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house because prices are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Listed below are agents in Colorado Springs that may be willing to give price quotes for Buick Rendezvous insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Peter Martinez - State Farm Insurance Agent
106 N Circle Drive - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 633-0300 - View Map
- Bob Hawkins - State Farm Insurance Agent
5490 Powers Center Point #132 - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 418-3377 - View Map
- State Farm: Austin Morgan
1806 Dominion Way Suite A - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 630-1800 - View Map
- Kevin Good - State Farm Insurance Agent
11550 Ridgeline Dr #118 - Colorado Springs, CO 80921 - (719) 599-8200 - View Map
Picking an insurance company shouldn't rely on just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Colorado Springs?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Once you have good answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you've probably found an insurer that can be trusted to adequately provide insurance. It's important to know that consumers can cancel your policy when you choose so don't feel that you're stuck with any specific company for any length of time.
More effort can pay off
Lower-priced insurance in Colorado Springs can be found from both online companies and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
We just covered many tips how you can lower your Buick Rendezvous insurance car insurance rates in Colorado Springs. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)