Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,800, drivers could save up to 35% a year, but they don't believe the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Audi SQ5 insurance in Colorado Springs is to compare quotes annually from insurers in Colorado.
- First, try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover the details to get cheaper rates and find hidden discounts.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper SQ5 coverage is available. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. Don't forget to keep your new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Our objective is to teach you how to compare rates easily. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using these methods. Although Colorado consumers do need to know how companies determine what you pay and use it to find better rates.
The best way we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Audi SQ5 insurance in Colorado Springs utilizes the fact car insurance companies will pay a fee to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like how much school you completed, if the car is leased, daily mileage, and how old drivers are. Your rating data is instantly provided to multiple auto insurance providers and they return quotes quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Colorado. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Colorado Springs, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked for in order for you to get them. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Theft Deterrent System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Colorado Springs car insurance quote.
- Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for signing up online.
- Seat Belts Save - Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- AAA may include discounts for good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, safe vehicle, good student, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- Esurance offers discounts for online shopper, anti-theft, DriveSense, paid-in-full, online quote, and renters.
- Nationwide offers discounts including defensive driving, anti-theft, business or organization, easy pay, multi-policy, and Farm Bureau membership.
Check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your area. To see a list of auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Colorado Springs, click here to view.
Five Tips to Get More Affordable Colorado Springs Insurance Premiums
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Urban residents pay more - Being located in less populated areas has it's advantages when shopping for auto insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Lower population means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Gender and insurance coverage rates - The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both have accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- How many miles do you drive? - Driving a lot of miles each year the more you'll pay to insure it. Almost all companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. It's a good idea to make sure your insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your SQ5 can result in significantly higher rates.
- Bad credit will cost you - A driver's credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your insurance rates. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Audi SQ5 by repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with bad credit.
- Prevent theft and save - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
Audi SQ5 insurance loss data - Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher premium rates.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Audi SQ5 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Audi SQ5 Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi SQ5 4dr 4WD 188 94 162BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years