Audi Q5 insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Audi Q5 insurance in Colorado Springs is to do an annual price comparison from providers in Colorado.
First, it will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a poor credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Q5 coverage is available in Colorado Springs. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A good tip to remember is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Sadly, nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Colorado Springs can save as much as 35% each year just by shopping around, but they don't invest the time required to compare rate quotes.
If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to find better prices using the concepts you're about to learn. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Colorado Springs can really be easy if you know what you're doing. Although Colorado consumers do need to know how insurance companies determine what you pay because it varies considerably.
When shopping for Audi Q5 insurance in Colorado Springs there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from lots of Colorado auto insurance companies. The easiest way to find cheaper Audi Q5 rates consists of shopping online.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to go to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Audi Q5 insurance rate quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you're the type of person who wants the professional advice only provided by licensed Colorado Springs agents. Drivers can price shop your coverage online but purchase the actual policy in an agency. When comparison shopping, quoting more increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Rates and data analysis
The coverage information displayed next outlines detailed analysis of rate quotes for Audi Q5 models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are established can assist in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Q5 3.2 Premium AWD||$162||$382||$396||$24||$118||$1,082||$90|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus AWD||$182||$382||$396||$24||$118||$1,102||$92|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus S-Line AWD||$182||$382||$396||$24||$118||$1,102||$92|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige AWD||$182||$432||$396||$24||$118||$1,152||$96|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige S-Line AWD||$182||$432||$396||$24||$118||$1,152||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact price quotes substantially.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Audi Q5 premium costs for each different age category. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders raise Audi Q5 insurance premiums for each different age category. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Audi Q5 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below shows the difference between Audi Q5 insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to liability only. The information is based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no exact formula for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Audi Q5 replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it's costing in excess of $700 annually for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Q5, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your Audi Q5 and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Audi gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Q5 more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Colorado Springs
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
Women tend to take less risk - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are in accidents in similar numbers, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
The information below shows the difference between Audi Q5 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Higher coverage deductibles save money - Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and damage from wind. The more damage repair cost you're willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Improve your credit score - Your credit score factor in determining premium rates. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you may save money insuring your Audi Q5 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Where you live plays a part - Having an address in a rural area is a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. People in densely populated areas have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Liability safeguards assets - The liability section of your policy provides coverage when you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Consolidate home and auto and save - Most larger insurance companies give discounts to customers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's always a smart idea to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Insurance loss probability for an Audi Q5 - Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages.
The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Audi Q5 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Audi Q5 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi Q5 4dr 4WD 143 96 110 61 55 78 Audi Q5 Hybrid 4dr 4WD 156 165BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save with these discounts on Audi Q5 insurance in Colorado Springs
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before they will apply. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you can get better auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better premium rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Audi Q5 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- American Family includes discounts for bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, accident-free, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, and mySafetyValet.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, good driver, student away at school, good student, and defensive driving training.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for good student, homeowners, automatic seat belts, early bird, and driver training.
- Travelers offers discounts including student away at school, new car, early quote, good student, home ownership, and driver training.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, anti-lock brakes, air bags, driver training, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Colorado Springs.
Compare prices but still have a local neighborhood Colorado Springs car insurance agent
Many drivers just want to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Colorado Springs.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will give you bids for your business. You won't need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent immediately to you. It's the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Listed below is a list of auto insurance companies in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quote information for Audi Q5 insurance in Colorado Springs.
American Family Insurance - Mario Aragon Agency Inc.
1135 E Fillmore St - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 570-0707 - View Map
Finding a good company shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Who are their largest clients?
Best car insurance company in Colorado Springs
Picking the best insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are in Colorado Springs. The information shown next may help you select which insurers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Colorado Springs Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
One last note
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
You just learned a lot of information how to lower your Audi Q5 insurance prices in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Colorado Springs car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)