We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price will most likely switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding discount prices. A study showed that consumers who routinely shopped around saved $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance is your goal, learning the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can help simplify the process.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper prices for Audi Q3 insurance in Colorado Springs is to compare quotes annually from companies in Colorado.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for information to help find cheaper rates and find missing discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Colorado Springs. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you can, store the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Get Cheap Car Insurance with These Tips
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that help determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Little extras can really add up – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Lower rates for married couples – Having a significant other helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more financially stable and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
- Low deductibles cost more – Protection for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a broken side mirror, vandalism, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Men drivers tend to cost more – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both sexes are responsible for fender benders at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Young males have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Loss statistics for an Audi Q3 – Companies use claims history to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates.
The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Audi Q3 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while values over 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Audi Q3 Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi Q3 4WD 116 69 94BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Audi Q3 insurance in Colorado Springs utilizes the fact most of the larger companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information like your occupation, how you use your vehicles, if you are currently licensed, and types of safety features. That rating information is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you will receive price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Colorado Springs.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Colorado. If you want the best car insurance in CO, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insuring your Audi vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Q3, most lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Audi but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Colorado Springs insurance discounts for an Audi Q3
Some providers don’t always advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Audi could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Colorado Springs could trigger savings when getting a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will definitely lower the cost of coverage.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, multi-policy, driver training, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include professional/association, ease of repair, location of vehicle, good driver, good student, annual mileage, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for teen driver, youthful driver, distant student, good student, multi-car, and pay in full.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, paid in full, teen driver, anti-theft, and multiple vehicles.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, good student, newly retired, multi-car, exclusive group savings, and safety features.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, homeowner, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- USAA may offer discounts for defensive driver, military installation, loyalty savings, safe driver, annual mileage, and multi-vehicle.
When getting free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply everywhere. For a list of providers who offer online Audi Q3 insurance quotes in Colorado Springs, click here.
When to have guidance from an agent
Some people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting small agencies is important especially in Colorado Springs.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you’re trying to find a local Colorado Springs insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Colorado Springs are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so they can write business through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Colorado Springs who may provide free price quotes.
- A Better Choice Auto Insurance
1863 N Circle Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 667-1301 – View Map
- Jensen Insurance Agency
125 N Parkside Dr #201f – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 635-9557 – View Map
- Insurance Network of Co
2525 W Pikes Peak Ave # C – Colorado Springs, CO 80904 – (719) 635-9720 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. They are well schooled on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Steve Stiltner
4549 Austin Bluffs Pkwy – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 596-8812 – View Map
- State Farm Agent Scott Richter
5885 Stetson Hills Blvd #130 – Colorado Springs, CO 80923 – (719) 591-2300 – View Map
- Ross Silva Agency – American Family Insurance
2746 E Bijou St – Colorado Springs, CO 80909 – (719) 597-2800 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Persistence pays off
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Cheap Audi Q3 insurance in Colorado Springs is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to quote Colorado Springs auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)