The best way to find lower priced Audi A3 insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in Colorado Springs.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that result in higher prices like high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper A3 coverage is available in Colorado Springs. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who get price comparisons will probably switch to a new company because there are good odds of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey found that people who routinely compared rates saved $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance in Colorado Springs is your objective, then knowing how to compare cheaper coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
Colorado Springs auto insurance discounts
Some providers do not list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower price if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Early Signing – Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy early. The savings is around 10%.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new A3 can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below compares Audi A3 insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
For a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
Most major insurance companies allow consumers to get insurance quotes on the web. This process is pretty painless because it’s just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information into a form. After you complete the form, the system will order credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information. Using the web to get quotes for Audi A3 insurance in Colorado Springs makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the best possible rates on insurance.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting a fair comparison for similar coverage.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Audi A3 detailed coverage information
The coverage information shown below covers estimates of prices for Audi A3 models. Understanding more about how car insurance premiums are formulated can be useful when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A3 2.0T Premium Package||$336||$792||$474||$28||$142||$1,772||$148|
|A3 2.0T Premium Plus Package||$336||$792||$474||$28||$142||$1,772||$148|
|A3 2.0T Quattro||$378||$792||$474||$28||$142||$1,814||$151|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can impact auto insurance rates considerably.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Audi A3 annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Audi A3 liability-only versus full coverage
The example below compares Audi A3 insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn’t a written rule of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Audi A3 replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
How Insurance Companies Determine Audi A3 Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Performance makes a difference – The type of car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data uses these assumptions: married female driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Audi A3 car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
- Premiums are affected by your address – Residing in a small town has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Urban drivers regularly have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents.
- Your career may increase rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as real estate brokers, police officers, and medical professionals tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, careers like scientists, historians and homemakers receive lower rates.
Does insurance cost less for females? – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Males and females are responsible for accidents at a similar rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Audi A3 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
- Lower rates for married couples – Having a wife or husband actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage usually means you are more mature and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- How much liability – Liability coverage will protect you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Better drivers pay lower premiums – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Good drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Having a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. People who have license-revoking violations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to keep their license.
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims drive up Audi A3 auto insurance rates for each age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance loss probability for an Audi A3 – Car insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when determining insurance rates. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Audi A3 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Audi A3 Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A3 4dr 2WD 152 90 109 85 Audi A3 4dr 4WD 147 73 111 80BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Colorado Springs auto insurance agent
A lot of people just want to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Colorado Springs.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Colorado Springs who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
When looking for a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Car insurance agents in Colorado Springs can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs willing to provide rate quotes.
Larry Lucero – State Farm Insurance Agent
5225 Academy Blvd N #108 – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – (719) 599-8661 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency should depend on more than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi A3 in Colorado Springs, paying for insurance is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Audi A3 with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Audi at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your A3 are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Affordable insurance is out there
We just showed you a lot of tips how to save on Audi A3 insurance in Colorado Springs. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Colorado Springs car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about insurance can be read at these sites:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)