It's amazing but a large majority of auto insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Many drivers in Colorado could save themselves nearly $610 a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to go online and compare rates.
If you want to save money, the best way to find low-cost GMC Envoy XUV insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Colorado Springs.
- Gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important note is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
How to find low cost GMC Envoy XUV insurance in Colorado Springs, CO
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in Colorado Springs, CO, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Envoy XUV, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your GMC for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your GMC Envoy XUV and your personal assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your GMC as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Verify you're earning every discount
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Government Employees - Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Anti-theft System - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a house in Colorado Springs can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Sign Online - A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 get Colorado Springs car insurance on the internet.
- Data Collection Discounts - Policyholders that allow their company to scrutinize where and when they drive remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer cheap GMC Envoy XUV insurance quotes in Colorado Springs in Colorado Springs, click this link.
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
You may need help from an insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you can get lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting small agencies is still important in Colorado Springs.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Colorado Springs that can provide free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes to get your business. You don't have to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Colorado Springs may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both handle auto insurance, but it's important to point out how they differ since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, you will want to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that may be able to give price quotes.
- CIA-Leavitt Insurance Agency
5585 Erindale Dr #107 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 528-1884 - View Map
- Insurance Network of Co
2525 W Pikes Peak Ave # C - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 635-9720 - View Map
- Springs Insurance Brokers
1837 Austin Bluffs Pkwy #101 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 268-1300 - View Map
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company like Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are trained well on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quote information.
- John Hall - State Farm Insurance Agent
1614 Academy Blvd N b - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 596-1414 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Michael Hendrickson
24 S Weber St #135 - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 572-5938 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Mario Aragon Agency Inc.
1135 E Fillmore St - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 570-0707 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agency should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
If you get acceptable answers to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Collision coverage - This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Envoy XUV resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your Envoy XUV to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance - This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from getting keyed, falling objects, fire damage, vandalism and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your GMC Envoy XUV.
Since many Colorado drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Liability insurance - Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/15 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as funeral expenses, attorney fees and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses - Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses like hospital visits, pain medications, nursing services, doctor visits and prosthetic devices. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When getting Colorado Springs car insurance quotes online, it's a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Discount GMC Envoy XUV insurance in Colorado Springs is definitely available online and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide price quotes online and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Springs Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)