Searching for more competitive Acura RL insurance in Colorado Springs? Have you fallen victim to an under-performing, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are many Colorado Springs consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save approximately $859 each year, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
How to save on Acura RL insurance in Colorado Springs
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Acura RL insurance in Colorado Springs is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who sell insurance in Colorado.
- First, get an understanding of auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases such as traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper RL coverage is available in Colorado Springs. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This provides a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
People have many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's a good thing to have a selection, it makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Acura RL insurance in Colorado Springs.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates on a regular basis because car insurance prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Acura RL insurance in Colorado Springs at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to find better coverage on Acura RL insurance in Colorado Springs at a better price.
Finding affordable coverage in Colorado Springs is actually quite simple. If you have auto insurance now, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the tips covered below. Smart buyers just need to use the least time-consuming way to compare company rates online.
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but some must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring all your vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Student in College - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Colorado Springs and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Colorado Springs Homeowners Pay Less - Being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Paper-free Discount - Many companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
- Good Student Discount - A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multi-line Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Acura RL auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Colorado state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
To choose insurance companies with the best discounts in Colorado, click here.
The following companies provide quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Colorado, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Rates and other information
The coverage information displayed next covers different prices for Acura RL models. Having a good grasp of how insurance policy premiums are established can aid in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$200||$432||$368||$22||$110||$1,132||$94|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$200||$432||$368||$22||$110||$1,132||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence coverage prices significantly.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents can increase Acura RL insurance prices for each different age category. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males compared to females in Colorado Springs
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Acura RL yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Acura RL car insurance costs with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no set guideline of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Acura RL replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing in excess of $500 annually for full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Colorado Springs who will give competitive quotes for your business. You won't even need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How are they compensated?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Shown below is a list of car insurance companies in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quote information for Acura RL insurance in Colorado Springs.
Jeff Schmidt - State Farm Insurance Agent
1230 Tenderfoot Hill Rd Ste. 200 - Colorado Springs, CO 80906 - (719) 445-0070 - View Map
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn't cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 25/50/15 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as legal defense fees, repair bills for other people's vehicles and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like theft, falling objects and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This covers damage to your RL resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your RL to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
When searching for the cheapest Acura RL rate quotes, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered some good ideas how you can lower your Acura RL insurance auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Acura RL insurance in Colorado Springs
The best way we recommend to find low-cost prices for Acura RL insurance in Colorado Springs is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Colorado.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and a substandard credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
More learning opportunities
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Colorado Springs? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)